1. I started this blog.
2. My brother and I found out that our diseases are still in remission. In 2013, we hope to make it 8 years of remission!
3. I have made many new friends and have many great memories from 2012!
4. I wrote a memoir about living with Gardner’s Syndrome.
5. I took several classes that have changed my life.
6. This summer, I got a job that I love!
7. I reconnected with friends I haven’t seen since high school.
8. After a life changing church retreat, and some reflection- I want to learn more about my faith and have been working on including God in more aspects of my life.
9. I started working with the F.A.P. Foundation to help create social resources for people whose live shave been touched by hereditary colon cancer diseases (fapfoundation.org).
This year, I am thankful for:
2. My family
3. My friends
4. The experiences I have had this past year.
6. My job
7. Being able to go to college.
8. Those people who have helped me with my book.
9. People who have supported my storytelling by reading this blog, following me on Twitter, or liking my blog on Facebook! I really appreciate your support!
10. My new hobby, knitting!
11. The F.A.P Foundation
In 2013 I am looking forward to:
1. Graduating from Western in March!
2. Publishing my memoir (hopefully by February)
3. Continuing to write blog posts
4. Starting a new writing project this January, called From Heartache to Hope.
5. My new hobby, knitting! I am hoping to knit hats for children who are staying at a Children’s Hospital.
My goals for 2013:
1. To exercise at least five days a week.
2. To eat healthier by eating more healthy things and less sweets.
3. To be more outgoing
4. To find a second job, related to nursing.
5. To finish prerequisite classes for a nursing program.
6. To continue to help raise awareness for rare diseases including hereditary colon cancer diseases
7. To start my 8th year of remission
8. To make 2013 even more memorable than 2012.